Новости       Афиша       Фото       Репортажи       Интервью       Переводы       Рецензии       Группы       VK       YouTube       О нас       Друзья       ENG   

Cообщества

вКонтакте
 YouTube

Объявления

Музыкальные объявления

Отзывы

об альбомах
 о группах

Комментарии

к концертам
 к новостям
 к интервью
 к статьям

Форум (ТОЛЬКО ЧТЕНИЕ!)

События
 Беседы о группах
 Беседы о музыке
 Разное
 Юмор
 Техника
 Корзина
 Лента сообщений

Хит-парады

ТОП-100 альбомов и групп
 Что слушают форумчане

Сейчас на сайте

Лучшие альбомы
* «...to Light»
Anabioz
10.0(1)
* «Sideshow Symphonies»
Arcturus
10.0(1)
* «О Скитаниях Вечных и О Земле»
Arda
10.0(1)
* «Нет Никого (промо)»
Arda
10.0(1)
* «Burn the Sun»
Ark
10.0(1)
* «Only Human»
At Vance
10.0(1)
* «Sold Out»
Awakening Sun
10.0(1)
* «Final Experiment»
Ayreon
10.0(1)
* «Human Obelisk»
Birth Asphyxia
10.0(1)
* «Imaginations Through the Looking Glass DVD»
Blind Guardian
10.0(1)

Лучшие группы
* Омела10.0(7)
* A Challenge of Honour10.0(4)
* Ancalagon10.0(2)
* Arch Enemy10.0(2)
* Dagoba10.0(2)
* Kenny Aronoff10.0(2)
* Lady Winter10.0(2)
* Noize Mc10.0(2)
* Nova Art10.0(2)
* The Beatles10.0(2)

Информационная поддержка

Полезности

Переводчик ПРОМТ
Перевод:

РосБизнесКонсалтинг
Проверка файла AVP
(max 1 Mb)
Поиск в Яndex
...вернуться в подфорум «Англоязычный»

Isole. Whom Hunts The Calm Hunter

19:56 - 21.11.2014
John Sinterson:
профиль | www | icq | в приват

Зарегистрировался:

Isole interview for heavymusic.ru

First of all – congratulations on the new release “The Calm Hunter”. At the moment we make this interview, we were only able to listen to two of the songs, title track “The Calm Hunter” and ”Dead To me (The Destoyer partI)”, but I must confess that, the mood, energy structure of the songs caught me right away! I can not wait to hear the whole CD!

Crister: Thank you! It’s only one week left now before it will be released to the masses so you will soon hear the album in its entirety.

Please tell us, how you worked over this release: what were the most difficult/delicate moments in songwriting, recording session; What inspired you …

Crister: This time it took almost three years to write the album and it was not lack of inspiration or writer’s block. A lot of the ideas were there all the time but I think it was worth taking the time to perfect the songs and try some new ideas that developed over these years. To make this album more worked through and push the limits of our musical skills.

Since we don’t pay by the hour when we record in our own studio things tend to take time, it’s both a luxury and a curse in my opinion.

The inspiration behind the creation of “The Calm Hunter” comes from all the music we adore in all different genres and old Swedish poetry. Also a lot of the inspiration comes from within the band and our personal lives.

We all know, that the good hunter have to be cold-hearted, calm to catch his victim. Are you happy with results of your hunt, with how your trophy appeared to be?

Crister: After every release I´m always confused. Is the album as good as I wanted it to be or could we have done it diffently... I have no fucking clue if I’m happy, it usually takes a few years before I can say if I’m satisfied with an album.

I must ask you, what influenced you in choosing of the cd'd name. Also, is there a concept, lying between the lyrical lines of this release, and which one if yes?

Crister: The theme behind the title of the album is picturing Death as a hunter. Death in a human form calmly seeks the victims that will die and collect their souls. No one can ever escape “The Calm Hunter”

As far as I know, the master, who touched your new release with his brush, was Travis Smith. Who came up with the cover artwork's idea?

Crister: I came up with the idea myself with Death coming up from behind to collect a victim in the reflection of an old mirror. And the magnificent Travis Smith realized the idea in a very good way.

I have not yet seen Isole live, but I have seen your other project, Ereb Altor (a couple of times). Both bands are pretty much active. I assume that pushing forward two musical projects with very different music must be pretty hard. How do you combine it?

Crister: I breathe and live with music every hour every day. I have no choice, this is my life. Music and my family is all that matters in my life so to me it’s pretty easy.

Ereb Altor and Isole pleases different needs for me so I need them both.

Asking the next question on a high demand of our editorial team, among which are also present professional singers:

I must tell, that your appearance in both bands is quite strongly marked with vocal work. In Ereb Altor , though, it seems to be a little bit more of “black metal growling”, when in Isole it's 100 % “doom growling” plus a good doze of clean vocals (in both bands). Is all of that skills gained during your long years of musical experience or were you learning vocal art extra? Isole's vocals together with the music just steal my mind!

Crister: None of us have ever been taking any singing lessons at all if that’s what you mean. The vocals have developed over the years. A lot of practicing I suppose.

We always focus a lot on the vocals since we think it’s a very important part in music.

What plans do you prepare for Isole in 2015?

Crister: We recently lost our drummer who decided to leave the band. Our new drummer Victor Parri just joined the band so we had to wait with our plans for 2015.

We have some festivals scheduled and we are looking at possibilities to tour during 2015.

Once we are close to the topic of touring... you probably have heard abut the troubles, foreign musicians face during their touring in Russia. Some unpleasant stories may tell Behemoth, CoF, Cannibal Corpse, Marilyn Manson... now Laibach got a precaution message about not making any russian shows (from the “local authorities”)... Some bands were accused to be satanic, and the religious extremists made everything possible to actually cancel the shows: they were complaining to the local government, quoting certain pieces of texts of the bands, they were trying to organize sabotages getting support from the local priests etc, they were even trying to influence police, as well as to get the support from the local authorities (some “guys” just were not letting visitors to enter the club and access the shows)... Do you think, that metal music has to be censored? Even if we speak about the bands, who use satanic image... and would you risk to go on tour to Russia in these not really calm times?

Crister: I don’t think metal music has to be censored! It’s everyones right to make the art they want. If you don’t like satanic concerts, well don’t attend one!

I haven’t thought about touring in Russia that much since we rarely get any offers from Russia.

We played there in 2009-2010 and it was fucking great so I would definitely consider any proposal from Russia.

Sweden is a “family nest” for many great bands. How do you think, what's the reason?

Crister: I must praise all the youth clubs and the adult educational associations here in Sweden which helps people to finance musical equipment and rehearsal rooms.

I also want to mention our native folk music and I believe you can hear traces from that inheritance in a lot of Swedish bands. I can often say if a band is from Scandinavia or not while hearing them for the first time.

Ok, thank you for your time! We wish you lots of luck with your new release and personally, I hope to see Isole somewhere in Germany (where I live) in the nearest future. In the end of our interview please say few words to your russian-speaking fans :)

Crister: Thank you very much, it was my pleasure!

I am sure you will get an opportunity to see Isole live next year, perhaps at some festival in Germany!

I truly hope our long time fans in Russia will take our new album to their hearts!

I hope to see you all soon!

Spread the word of DOOM !!!!

read...

Discussing...

|

в конец>>

в конец>>
...вернуться в подфорум «Англоязычный»

В связи с ужесточением законодательства и отсутствием активных пользователей, форум закрыт. Пользуйтесь "Комментариями" и сообществом "вКонтакте" (ссылки в боковом меню).

liveinternet.ru: показано число просмотров за 24 часа, посетителей за 24 часа и за сегодня Яндекс цитирования
Идея и разработка проекта: John Sinterson
Email: info@heavymusic.ru
©2001-2024 Power studio. Использование информации с сайта без разрешения автора запрещено!
Логин: Пароль:
запомнить меня
зарегистрироваться