Новости       Афиша       Фото       Репортажи       Интервью       Переводы       Рецензии       Группы       VK       YouTube       О нас       Друзья       ENG   

Cообщества

вКонтакте
 YouTube

Объявления

Музыкальные объявления

Отзывы

об альбомах
 о группах

Комментарии

к концертам
 к новостям
 к интервью
 к статьям

Форум (ТОЛЬКО ЧТЕНИЕ!)

События
 Беседы о группах
 Беседы о музыке
 Разное
 Юмор
 Техника
 Корзина
 Лента сообщений

Хит-парады

ТОП-100 альбомов и групп
 Что слушают форумчане

Сейчас на сайте

Лучшие альбомы
* «Bible of the Beast»
Powerwolf
10.0(2)
* «Blood of the Saints»
Powerwolf
10.0(2)
* «Live At Wembley 86»
Queen
10.0(2)
* «Greatest Hits»
Queen
10.0(2)
* «Mutter»
Rammstein
10.0(2)
* «Вечный, Тёмный»
Raven Throne
10.0(2)
* «The Frozen Tears of Angels»
Rhapsody of Fire
10.0(2)
* «Aealo»
Rotting Christ
10.0(2)
* «Clown in the Mirror»
Royal Hunt
10.0(2)
* «Lovedrive»
Scorpions
10.0(2)

Лучшие группы
* Conflict10.0(1)
* Darkthrone10.0(1)
* Deftones10.0(1)
* Devil You Know10.0(1)
* Devourment10.0(1)
* Diabolical10.0(1)
* Dostup Zakpbit10.0(1)
* Emperor10.0(1)
* Enslavement of Beaty10.0(1)
* Entwine10.0(1)

Информационная поддержка

Полезности

Переводчик ПРОМТ
Перевод:

РосБизнесКонсалтинг
Проверка файла AVP
(max 1 Mb)
Поиск в Яndex
...вернуться в подфорум «Англоязычный»

Cadaveria. When Silence Has A Voice

21:24 - 13.11.2014
John Sinterson:
профиль | www | icq | в приват

Зарегистрировался:

Hello Cadaveria! First of all, let us congratulate you with the release of the new LP „Silence“!

I'd say this time at the first sight CD's, name seems to be quite surprising if to know, what kind of music plays the band. Could you reveal us, what lays behind the decision to name your actual work “Silence”?

And, actually is “Silence” a conceptual work?

We don’t like to label our music, but probably to define it Horror Metal is quite correct, at least to give an idea of our music atmospheres. Since the beginning CADAVERIA music has been a mix of Black, Death, Thrash and Gothic influences, basically ‘cause every band members has his own musical background, so we mix what we like. In Silence I think you can perceive the frankness of Thrash Metal, the power of Death/Black Metal and the ghostly mood of the most authentic Gothic style, in the way like Notre-Dame de Paris is gothic in its architecture.

The album title is connected with the main topic of the lyrics, that are the representation of my mental flows and of my vision about life, death, time, destiny and so on. I often meditate about what happens inside me and around me. This thinking creates a mental noise. When I write down my thoughts in a lyric this noise can stop, I find rest and silence comes.

We cannot speak properly about a concept album, as the songs were born independently, but surely there is something that unites these eleven songs, and it comes from the fact that each track mirrors a part of my soul.

Are you happy with what brought you “Silence”? Did all the ideas find it's representation in your music on this release? What were especially delicate/difficult moments in working over this CD?

The main difficulty is the fact band members don’t live close to each other, so the composition process sometimes becomes hard and long. This time music and lyrics were composed separately and I spent many time with guitarist Dick Laurent to match them in a second time, in terms of mood and melodies. The positive aspects of this kind of working are that you do not compose the entire album in 2-3 months and so you have time to review the songs and to take new inspirations. Secondly the different musical visions among the band members enrich the songs quality, ‘cause we influence each other and finally we bring just the best from everyone of us.

A big effort was the production itself, as we did all by ourselves. You must be super-precise and 100% hypercritical to record, mix and master your own record. This is very energy consuming, but at the same time it gives you a great satisfaction.

All ideas we got when we started working on this new album were correctly expressed in Silence with the right equilibrium, that’s why we can say Silence is the best representation of CADAVERIA essence so far.

At this moment, when we make this interview, World was only able to hear the first single from Silence – Carnival Of Doom. I must say, it's amusing and caught me from the first seconds. A compilation of dark groove, despair, power, anger and power again. Your vocals sound very captivating... especially the “clean” ones, which go over this very catchy guitar's riffs... and then it all simply explodes when you start to growl. Awesome work! I must tell I am very excited to hear the whole “Silence”... Are there plans to visualize this song (or, probably some other one?)

I’m glad you enjoyed listening to Carnival of Doom. This offers a taste of what you can expect from Silence. However I cannot say it can be representative of the whole album, as every track has his own identity and path and evokes different emotions. Surely Carnival of Doom is a cinematic song, both music and lyrics remind of the dramatic imaginary of the horror circus and of old luna-parks. The screenplay of the video for this song has already been written, but probably we will first work on the video for another track from Silence, that is cinematic as well.

Cadaveria has been influenced by the cinematic world. I have read interviews, where you were saying that you studied cinema in the university. Also, you stated that you loved movies of David Lynch. Plus, all the band members except of you use the pseudonyms of antagonists from David Lynch's movies... I wonder, if you ever thought that this or other composition of Cadaveria would be the perfect soundtrack to one of his movies. And if yes, then for which one?

Both Marcelo Santos, the drummer, and I, besides being musicians are video makers and cinema addicted. Lynch mainly influences the way we think about our music videos, the way we realize them. I could easily imagine to use CADAVERIA music as the soundtrack for a horror movie, in the way like Dario Argento was used to do in Seventies and Eighties. Also for Lynch we must go back to the past: Eraserhead, one of his first release, can be the right choice as well as Lost Highways.

Continuing talking about cinematic and visual arts. Recently “Metalhead” (“Málmhaus”) got the title of one of the most “true metal” movies. Have you seen it? In case you have, would you agree to that? Do you think, that what's shown in the movie is pretty much close to the truthful representation of, so to say, “metal” spirit?

I have read good and bad reviews about this film. I definitely have to watch it. By the way, as a general consideration, I trust there is not just one way to “be metal” as well as finally there is a strange energy that attracts some specific people and make them love this specific musical genre. This is just a mystery like many others… we are made of energies, so everything can happen, everything can change at any time.

I've heard you were quite engaged in painting. Are you still painting? And is there a possibility to see some of your works in public?

No, I stopped painting some years ago due to lack of time. I have few of my paintings in my house, the rest of them is in my friends’ houses. I’m not showing them to the public, but I can describe them to you: they are very schematic, stains of colors geometrically disposed, painted on canvas with inserts of mirrors, surgical tools like bandages or medical clips, veils, metallic pieces.

And if we speak about painting now, I can not skip asking you about the artwork for “Silence”... Why was it exactly the clown with a mask chosen to introduce the CD, and who's the author of this art?

The artwork was inspired to me by the album title and by the topic of the mocking destiny I deal with in some lyrics. The joker-clown is a sinister presence who invites the listener to keep silence and listen to the album to enter our realm. The location is a deserted luna-park that reminds me to my childhood. This was the concept. I developed it, we bought the costume, I imagined the composition, we did the make up and visual artist Christian Melfa perfectly realized the work. Great shot, I think. I love the colors and the gloomy design. Have a look at his website http://www.christianmelfa.com/ you will find many cool pictures.

One of our traditional questions...Why, being a cult italian band, Cadaveria prefers to use only English language in their songs (for as far as I remember, there was only one line in Italian in «Requiem» in the very end “Accogliete la sua anima e presentatela davanti al trono dell’altissimo”)?

English is more international and we want our music to be international. There are so many beautiful countries and beautiful people in the world and we would like to share our music with them. A unique language can help. Sometimes we leave some words in Italian, like in Death Vision lyric (from Horror Metal album) and in Death, Again (from Silence). Sometimes it sounds better.

In your vocal work, there are parts of “clean” and “growling” singing. Performing which one you enjoy most and why?

To sing in growl is completely natural to me, while I had to learn how to sing in clean. I love both: to scream and to sing in growl is extremely amusing and liberating and is perfect to take my stress away (it’s like to go to the gym). Clean vocals on the contrary are a matter of moderation and precision and deal with sensuality and femininity. When I switch from one to the other it is like to release two different entities of myself that coexist in my soul.

In one of your earlier interviews I've read that your family had an impressive collection of the classical music, and therefore you yourself is not a big fan of it. There is an opinion though, that metal and classical music are quite close to each other, - at least for a reason of evoking of the strong emotions/sensual excitement. Would you agree to that? And have you ever had a wish to cover with Cadaveria some classical composition, making it more extreme etc?

I receive different emotions from every kind of music I listen to and I find a bit hard to compare classical music to heavy metal in terms of feeling. This counts for classical sonatas, on the contrary the opera is majestic and gives me strong emotions like metal does. Italian Melodrama is a genre I can appreciate. But speaking about similarities among musical genres I think jazz is the closest to metal. Both are technical and they are not for the masses.

You probably have heard about the situation, european metal bands are facing in Russia nowadays: concerts are being canceled while artists are on the road to the next venue or are already in the venue. Or … police stops concert after the half was played. Many bands were claimed to be satanic...Religious people try to make maximum problems, involving in their interests police and local authorities... Behemoth, Cannibal Corpse, Cradle Of Filth, Marilyn Manson faced troubles in more or less bad forms while their touring in Russia... now Laibach got advice from the local authorities not to come with the shows.

How do you think does metal music need to be controlled and would you yourself go on tour in Russia in these stressful times?

I don’t think metal music needs to be controlled at all. I have been at many festivals, on stage as musician and down stage as attendant, I have been among thousands of metal heads and I never saw happen anything “satanic” or violent or in some ways despicable. Having the pope here I know the problem and sometimes some bands in Italy have experienced blocks, gig interruptions or prohibitions. In Italy this usually happens in small towns where people consciences are administered by the local vicar. Abroad censorship affects more the big names than the underground bands. Being CADAVERIA an underground band and not being a satanic band, I hope we will not have any problem if and when we come there. We would love to do a Russian tour.

Thank you for your time. We wish you lots of success with “Silence”. In conclusion of the interview some words for you Russian fans, please:

Thanks a lot for this nice chat and for your interest in the band. Hey ladies and gentlemen from Russia, our 5th studio album Silence is releasing on November 18. I hope you all will enjoy it! CADAVERIA hope to come and play for you in a near future. Check out more about the band on cadaveria.com and keep your horns up always!

read...

Discussing...

|

в конец>>

в конец>>
...вернуться в подфорум «Англоязычный»

В связи с ужесточением законодательства и отсутствием активных пользователей, форум закрыт. Пользуйтесь "Комментариями" и сообществом "вКонтакте" (ссылки в боковом меню).

liveinternet.ru: показано число просмотров за 24 часа, посетителей за 24 часа и за сегодня Яндекс цитирования
Идея и разработка проекта: John Sinterson
Email: info@heavymusic.ru
©2001-2024 Power studio. Использование информации с сайта без разрешения автора запрещено!
Логин: Пароль:
запомнить меня
зарегистрироваться