Новости       Афиша       Фото       Репортажи       Интервью       Переводы       Рецензии       Группы       VK       YouTube       О нас       Друзья       ENG   

Cообщества

вКонтакте
 YouTube

Объявления

Музыкальные объявления

Отзывы

об альбомах
 о группах

Комментарии

к концертам
 к новостям
 к интервью
 к статьям

Форум (ТОЛЬКО ЧТЕНИЕ!)

События
 Беседы о группах
 Беседы о музыке
 Разное
 Юмор
 Техника
 Корзина
 Лента сообщений

Хит-парады

ТОП-100 альбомов и групп
 Что слушают форумчане

Сейчас на сайте

Лучшие альбомы
* «Aphelion»
Edenbridge
10.0(2)
* «The Shortest Way»
Evadne
10.0(2)
* «Access Denied»
Hammerforce
10.0(2)
* «Live in London»
Judas Priest
10.0(2)
* «Metal Works '73–'93»
Judas Priest
10.0(2)
* «Metalogy»
Judas Priest
10.0(2)
* «Песочный Человек»
Korea
10.0(2)
* «В Смерти - Жизнь (promo)»
Luna Aeterna
10.0(2)
* «Jets'n'guns Ost»
Machinae Supremacy
10.0(2)
* «Meddle»
Pink Floyd
10.0(2)

Лучшие группы
* Monastery Dead10.0(1)
* Morigan10.0(1)
* My Dying Bride10.0(1)
* Nickelback10.0(1)
* Nimphaion10.0(1)
* Northland10.0(1)
* Omnium Gatherum10.0(1)
* Onkel Tom Angelripper10.0(1)
* Persuader10.0(1)
* Pokerface10.0(1)

Информационная поддержка

Полезности

Переводчик ПРОМТ
Перевод:

РосБизнесКонсалтинг
Проверка файла AVP
(max 1 Mb)
Поиск в Яndex
...вернуться в подфорум «Англоязычный»

Diablery. Conquer the Cosmos

17:36 - 14.06.2014
John Sinterson:
профиль | www | icq | в приват

Зарегистрировался:

- Γεια σου! Tell a brief story of Diablery for the beginning, please.

Greetings Demeter! The band was formed in 2008 by our guitarist, Nimerius, with a completely different line-up back then - they played a couple of shows and wrote the first material. I joined one year after as a vocalist and immediately fitted in as we had the same musical vision with the rest of the guys. Many shows were performed and we released 2 EP’s - up until 2012 that we stopped everything to focus solely in our debut album. In 2013 I also took over guitarist duties as IakChaos (Chris Tsitsis) left the band to join a prominent band of the Greek thrash scene, Suicidal Angels. From the very beginning we had a serious approach in whatever we did. In our course, many changes have occurred, naturally, in terms of members and musical direction - but one thing remains ever growing. The need to send the message of liberation through our art. Liberation from oppression and constraint both externally and internally – in order to become truly free Individuals.

- Why are the songs from your EP not included into the debut album?

The songs of the EP’s are from a very different era of our life as a band – this era has completed its cycle and we moved forward. Firstly, the musical direction of the debut has nothing to do with that of the EPs – so fusing the two would be a disrespect to both of them. Secondly, we have also evolved as musicians in terms of technique and aesthetics – so in reality you hear a different band in “Architect”. Only “Vanity of Darkness” made it to the debut and mainly cause we wanted to have a version of it with our current line-up at the time which featured Baal (our cellist).

- Do you write lyrics? About what are the topics?

Me and Nimerius write the lyrics and other members also contribute from time to time, lyrics-wise. Lyrical themes vary from mysticism and science subjects, to philosophy and space iconography. Universe is a great Mystery after all, for it is the sacred battleground between the two polarities and the Womb of all things.

- Why is Russian speech in the song "Icon Shrine Synagogue"?:)

Well, we are very fond of the Russian language and always admired the courage and determination of those that venture into the Unknown. It is our way to pay respect to Gagarin, the first man to travel into space – so we recorded a “transmission” of a cosmonaut trying to remain calm while communicating with his base…when he notices some strange activity.

- Wow! And who sings clean vocals on the album?

Me.

- What are the music do you listen to, and other members of Diablery?

We all listen to an immense variety of music – we constantly surprise each other with something new we discover or something old we share our appreciation for. But I can specify only for myself. My music taste spans from Deathspell Omega to Dead Can Dance and from Daemonia Nymphe to Aeternus and Nehëmah, also I have a fascination for the combination of black metal with strange instruments and chanting vocals. I also like classic death metal bands like Entombed, Dismember and Death. Some grind from time to time, like Afgrund and Exhumed and of course our forefathers Arcturus, Emperor, Borknagar, Abigor and the otherworldly Ved Buens Ende who lit the fire of avant-garde and (sometimes majestic) expression. I am also very fond of a lot of local bands like Nocternity, Aenaon, Dead Congregation and Akrotheism. Some days I just listen to classics like Iron Maiden and some others only electronic/ ambient music. And for sure I cannot mention a lot of great bands/ artists otherwise this could go on forever…

- You're quite a long way behind the release of this debut album - looking for a label? Why is the album still self-released?

We have been searching for a good label for nearly a year but it is very difficult for a relatively unknown band to sign with a supportive label. This is why we choose to decline all existing offers and walk this path on our own, using our own “hands” and resources. So far the support we have received from listeners, bloggers, journalists etc is more than amazing – this shows us that they appreciate our efforts and this is very inspiring for us.

- As you can see - have the Greek metal bands problems with signing the contracts with Central European labels or not?

For sure the fact that we are far away from the Central European music scene, leads to less activity and therefore less exposure for a Greek band. This consequently, lowers the possibility of signing with these labels. But for some years now, this situation slowly changes – and this is also due to the increase in terms of quality, of the Greek bands.

- In general, what is now profitable for the same Greek black metal band - sing in English or Greek?

It is more about what comes natural to the artist. I, for example, tend to use words from different languages and also sing in Greek from time to time because it evokes different vibes as it is my native tongue. But as long as one’s words are in tune with the Voice within we shouldn't care about what language we sing into.

- What are the plans of the band? European tour to promote the album?

Our plans are mainly to make some good shows in our homeland and in countries that are in the close proximity (like Italy, Bulgaria etc) but we are interested in touring also. Definitely quality is over quantity in this matter.

- Do you have to compose new stuff? How will you develop?

We always compose new stuff and powerful ideas come out so far, but I don’t know yet how the next release will evolve.

- And finally, a few words to our readers.

Know Thyself

https://www.facebook.com/DiableryOfficial

read...

Discussing...

|

в конец>>

в конец>>
...вернуться в подфорум «Англоязычный»

В связи с ужесточением законодательства и отсутствием активных пользователей, форум закрыт. Пользуйтесь "Комментариями" и сообществом "вКонтакте" (ссылки в боковом меню).

liveinternet.ru: показано число просмотров за 24 часа, посетителей за 24 часа и за сегодня Яндекс цитирования
Идея и разработка проекта: John Sinterson
Email: info@heavymusic.ru
©2001-2024 Power studio. Использование информации с сайта без разрешения автора запрещено!
Логин: Пароль:
запомнить меня
зарегистрироваться